Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Well done to all of the Firms involved in the final presentation. Our Industrial Academic Partner, SDP, gave positive comments to most of your work so you should be happy with your achievement. However, the journey is not over. Portfolio is your last bridge to cross before graduating from PUO Architecture program.
Please refer to the following posting for all relevant inquiries concerning the PORTFOLIO: 15 and 26th April 2011 (Klik sini untuk tengok Archive)
More info coming soon
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Saturday, October 15, 2011
as mentioned before, lecturers are available for students to see during weekend. For this week, lecturers involved in crit clinique are:
En. Amir - 15 Oct 2011 ( Sat ) CaddLab 10am - 12pm
Dr. Zainal Azhar - 16 Oct 2011 ( Sun ) Cisec Campus A 10am - 12pm
Please call to comfirm your appointment with lecturers.
Friday, October 14, 2011
as being mentioned by en Yusri, U guys need to submit your individual progress on Monday not late that 12.00pm. this submission is actually a test for individual mark. this test will differentiate mark/grade between one student with another. so even though U are in a same Firm, doesn't mean that u will get the same grade as what your friends get.
more works/progress u done meaning more marks u will get. but please guys....don't submit rubbish as ur test coz it will surely goes into a dustbin in our office. make it nicely as u arrange it, put some clip/bind/tape, make a front cover and etc2. before u done it, here are the things dat u need to take a look at it:-
- what should i put in this progress A3 test/report?
- what kind of progress dat lecturer want to see?
- which project dat should be in this report?
- some say manual but some say computer..may i do both?
- is it in writing format, drawings, sketches, pictures, boards presentation...
so guys...hurry up & dont waste a time. as time goes by, u are already left behind. so start ur work when u done read this OK..
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
Lama sudah kita tidak berjumpa dan berbincang di blog ini. Harap ianya akan terus maju dengan banyak lagi informasi terkini rekacipta, insyallah coming soon!
Untuk kali ini, saya ingin mengucapkan terima kasih kepada semua yang terlibat dalam penyertaan PdF dan harap dialog yang di adakan itu membantu semua, terutama SEM06.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
BDI is here! This is the most creative phase of the project.
For this phase, PLEASE study and analize the data that you have collected. Based on them, divide your firm into 2 sub-firms and each sub-firm is to propose a design. Presentation Requirements are to be presented on 2 (two) A1 boards as follows:
First A1 Board:
- A short summary of your site analysis
- Name your Hotel and design a logo
- Propose a boutique Hotel concept
- Early Schematics (Site Plan (1 plan), Plans (2 plans), Elevations(2) and Sections(2))
Second A1 Board:
- Artist Impression (2 interior and 2 exterior perspectives). Click here to see samples.
Each sub-firm will compete with each other by presenting their ideas to the clients (Tutors and SDP). The Best Design Idea will be the chosen concept to be implemented by your firm later. Let the ideas flow!
Best of Luck ......
.... and of course from all of us at DesignersPUO-Architecture, Selamat Hari Raya (SHR) or Happy Eid Mubarak to all of you!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
As per our previous site analysis crit session held with SDP,(10th Aug) these are among
general comments given by them.
1. Lack of data collection- to get thorough findings. (Revisited have been conducted)
2. Always cross check with authority's requirement, and try to fulflill their needs.
3. Do consume and apply technical and architectural terms in your presentation.
4. To later on recounter on your space requirement in order to get you 'Boutique' done.
5. Finally...if you are confused with the term boutique...stick to this principle.
"Function maintains as a 'hotel'...Character maintains as 'boutique'.
Last but not least...be well prepared for the upcoming site analysis presentation with SDP.
Bonne Chance....(good luck!!)
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Boutique hotel telah dipilih sebagai projek utama Senireka Sem06 kali ini. Sambil merancang dan melaksanakan projek ini, mari kita bincang seketika mengenai maksud BOUTIQUE/ BUTIK dari sudut pandangan dan penyelidikan saudara/saudari semua.
Tarikh Tamat perbincangan : 20 Ogos 2011
Selamat berkongsi pendapat
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Here is the Brief:
The lodging industry since the beginning of the 21th century had focused on brand selling hotel names such as Holiday Inn, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton Hotels etc to cater to travelers who prefer the traditional concept of a hotel, i.e. : a lodging accommodation for travelers.
Since then a new breed of travelers have evolved in which accommodation is no longer their only concern, these travelers want to be ‘surprised’. When planning their trips, these travelers seek hotels that are somewhat different in character (look and feel) from branded hotels. These B-hotel seekers consider themselves to be highly fashionable and hip.
You and your FIRM are required to fulfill the following requirements;
- To carry out and effectively present appropriate research on Boutique Hotels - Under the guidance of your tutor, you and your FIRM are required to carry out and effectively present all related research information required to complete this project.
- To carry out site analysis of selected site and effectively present findings - Under the guidance of your tutor, you and your FIRM are required to carry out the required analysis of the chosen site. Presentation of these findings must be effectively delivered.
- To design a boutique hotel on a selected site with the following basic space requirements - Administrative Area; Accommodation Area (25-30 rooms of various types); Food preparation areas; F&B consumption area/s; Boutique-themed area, etc; - Under the guidance of your tutor, you and your FIRM are required to design a boutique hotel based on your own SOA, chosen site and a predetermined working schedule (see appendix A)
- To prepare a topical report of a predetermined design area - Under the guidance of your tutor, you are required to complete a topical report of a chosen area of interest. This is an A4 size book type report that compiles your findings and its usage in your design.
- To effectively communicate the design to prospective ‘clients’ - Under the guidance of your tutor, you and your FIRM are communicate all your design ideas and suggestions via any appropriate media.
- To work collaboratively and independently in solving problems - Under the guidance of your tutor, you and your FIRM are required to work collaboratively in solving problems related to all phases of the design process
- To manage and carry out group and individual learning - Under the guidance of your tutor, you and your FIRM are required to plan and carry out your own learning scheme to fit your area of interest.
Date of Submission 31/10/11
Best of Luck, Let the creativity flow
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Baca dan bincang mengenai perkara dibawah. Markah bonus akan diberi pada mereka2 yang memberi pandangan/soalan/komen. Tarikh tutup perbincangan adalah 27/07/11.
OK, Something here for all of us who enjoys doing design:. I found this 10 rules on the web and you can download them if you like from:
The 10 rules are as follows:
(1) Embrace constraints Constraints and limitations are wonderful allies and lead to enhanced creativity and ingenious solutions that without constrains never would have been discovered or created. ...There's no point complaining about constraints such as time, money, tools, etc. Your problem is what it is. How can you solve it given the resources and time that you have? (Gunakan apa yang ada untuk menyelesaikan masalah)
(2) Practice restraint. Any fool can be complicated and add more, it takes discipline of mind and strength of will to make the hard choices about what to include and what to exclude. The genius is often in what you omit or leave on the editing room floor. (Sering kali kita nak masukkan semua yang kita fikirkan dalam design kita, jangan overdo!)
(3) Adopt the beginner's mind. Designers understand the need to take risks, especially during early explorations of the problem. They are not afraid to break with convention. Good designers are open minded and comfortable with ambiguity early on in the process, this is how discoveries are made. (open mind)
(4) Check your ego at the door. This is not about you, it's about them (your audience, customer, patient, student, etc.). Look at the problem from their point of view -- put yourself in their shoes. This is not easy, it takes great amounts of empathy. Get in touch with your empathetic side. (Pentingkan pengguna rekabentuk anda dan bukan diri sendiri)
(5) Focus on the experience of the design. It's not the thing, it's the experience of the thing. This is related to #4 above: Put yourself in their shoes. How do people interact with your solution? (Selalu bertanya bagaimana orang ramai akan menggunakan rekabentuk anda)
(6) Become a master storyteller. Often it's not only the design — i.e., the solution to a problem — that is important, but the story of it. This is related to #5 above. What's the meaning of the solution? (Pastikan anda dapat menceritakn penyelesaian yang anda rekakan untuk orang ramai dengan jelas)
(7) Think communication not decoration. Design — even graphic design — is not about beautification. Design is not just about aesthetics, though aesthetics are important. More than anything, design is about solving problems or making the current situation a little better than before. Design is not art, though there is art in design. (Rekabentuk adalah sebenar penyelesaian kepada satu masalah, bukan hanya mencantikkan rekabentuk anda)
(8) Obsess about ideas not tools. Tools are important and necessary, but they come and go as better tools come along. Obsess instead about ideas. Though most tools are ephemeral, some of your best tools are a simple pencil and sketch pad. These are often the most useful — especially in the early stages of thinking — because they are the most direct. Good advice is to go analog in the beginning with the simplest tools possible.(Idea itu penting, bukan penggunaan teknologi semata-mata)
(9) Clarify your intention. Design is about choices and intentions, it is not accidental. Design is about process. The end user will usually not notice "the design of it." It may seem like it just works, assuming they think about it at all, but this ease-of-use (or ease-of-understanding) is not by accident, it's a result of your careful choices and decisions.(Fokus kepada masalah yang hendak diatasi)
(10) Sharpen your vision & curiosity and learn from the lessons around you. Good designers are skilled at noticing and observing. They are able to see both the big picture and the details of the world around them. Humans are natural pattern seekers; be mindful of this skill in yourself and in others. Design is a "whole brain" process. You are creative, practical, rational, analytic, empathetic, and passionate. Foster these aptitudes.(Pemerhatian itu penting kepada para designer)
OK, itu dia sepuluh perkara yang dikatakan penting untuk para designer. Saya tahu 10 perkara ini mungkin rumit untuk difahami. Walaubagaimanapun, Apa pendapat anda semua? Setuju/Tidak Setuju dengan 10 perkara ini??? Bincang/komen/pendapat???
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Welcome to the FIRM!
There are two projects in mind. The first one is a mini get up and go Transformers Rescue Hub and the other project (main project) is a 20 - 30 room Boutique Hotel. Below is an image of a Boutique Hotel in Beijing called the G Hotel. Start doing research on B type of Hotels.
So again, Welcome to the FIRM! Welcome to transformation, time to change your thinking from mere students to future employees!
The FIRM: First Class is on 11th July 2011 at the Dataran Senibina PUO.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
The workshop will include the following competition:
Photography Competitions; Digital Natives Competitions; Mural ART Competition; Design&Build Competition; Sketching Competition and Technical ART Competition.
Keep on Blogging, more info to come soon...